intrusion
virtualDBA Forums
December 05, 2019, 05:44:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the virtualDBA Forums! 

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The virtualDBA Project  (Read 2206 times)
eleven27
Administrator

« on: August 15, 2010, 09:50:03 PM »

What is the virtualDBA Project?

virtualDBA is a free Maintenance, Monitoring, and Auditing System for SQL 2005/2008.  To date, it has been coded entirely by eleven27 with some great input from a number of friends and colleagues over the years.  We're now looking to expand this product even further with the help of our DBA/Developer/IT peers.

Have a new idea for virtualDBA that may help others?  Want to change the functionality of an existing process?  Want to optimize some of the existing code?

If so then join the virtualDBA project!

Why bother?

Have you ever had a problem with one of your systems and found a solution from a colleague, book, whitepaper or Google search?  I know I have.
That solution came from the assistance of someone else who was good enough to share their knowledge with you.

We all have our areas of expertise so why not share them with others?

Lets give something back.

The virtualDBA system was designed for that very reason.  When you download and install the virtualDBA system, all we ask is that you contribute your virtualDBA experiences/knowledge to others so that they can benefit as well.  It doesn't even need to be on our Forums.  If you see a virtualDBA question out there that you can answer, please do so!

virtualDBA has been downloaded by users all over the world.  While we certainly do what we can to ensure that the system can be used "globally", I'm sure there are a number of regional-based issues that we did not plan on.  Help us help others by identifying/correcting these problems so that this system is useful to everyone.

Wouldn't it would be more beneficial if you could receive alerts, reports, etc based on your language settings.  Help us do just that!

It's your input that counts

"A good idea comes from one person. A good product comes from the ideas of many people."

There's really not much more I can add to that.

How do I sign up?

Just register an account with this Forum and send an email to project@virtualdba.ca including your Forum username and ideas/comments/etc. and we will get you started.

Looking forward to everyone's input!

Mark J. Wylie
eleven27
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: